- Yet again another super easy recipe (of course). We really enjoyed this dish but by personal preference I would probably use thighs next time I make this. I also don’t measure anything and it came out a little spicier than we like but overall it was very good. So don’t be like me, measure your chili flakes! Down to business, here’s the recipe I followed for the chicken. For the rice I just did the boil in the bag and added butter.
Honey Bourbon Chicken
- 2lbs of chicken breast
- salt & pepper
- 1 cup honey
- 1 cup low sodium soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- 4 TB vegetable oil (I didn’t have any so I used classic olive oil and it was just fine)
- 2 cloves minced garlic (I used a spoonful of pre minced from a jar)
- 1/2 chopped onions (optional-we omitted)
- 1/2 teaspoon red pepper flakes (I didn’t measure, definitely take the time to do that)
- Place chicken in crockpot and sprinkle with sake & pepper
- In a medium bowl, add the
honey, soy sauce, ketchup,
oil, garlic, onion and red
pepper flakes. Stir well to
combine. Pour over the
chicken in the slow cooker.
- Cook on low for 3-4 hours or
high for 1½ to 2½ hours.
- When done, remove chicken from crock pot and cut into chunks
We shredded the chicken and served with buttered rice.