This is definitely one of my new faves, as I have never been a huge fan of chili. Originally, this was called TeKa's Chili because I had made it for Harper's Moana birthday party, but since it really isn't all that spicy, I decided to change it. Quick, easy, and cheap.
- 1 Can of Chili Bean
- 1 can of dark red kidney beans
- 1 can of diced tomatoes with green chilis
- some diced onion- this is optional, so add to your liking
- 1 lb of burger
- some crushed garlic cloves
- 1/2 tsp of cumin powder
- 3/4 tsp of chili powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- optional- Sour cream
- Optional- shredded cheddar cheese
- Optional- Jiffy cornbread mix, 1 egg, & 1/3 cup of milk
- Cook off burger and drain grease. I usually like to add the garlic cloves to the burger for flavor and add a dash of garlic powder to the pot.
- Add Chili beans, Kidney Beans, tomatoes, burger, cumin and chili powder to crock pot and stir. Also add the onion (optional). DO NOT DRAIN ANY OF THE CANS
- Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Put crock pot on LOW and leave for about 5 hours, stirring occasionally so it doesn't stick or clump to the pot. If it starts to look a little too thick for your liking, add a little water at a time to thin it out, to beans do tend to soak up the juice. Seriously though, just a little at a time on the water.
- Before serving, make your corn bread or corn bread waffles, and follow the directions on the box.
- Plate your waffle and scoop chili on top. Add cheese & sour cream (optional)